No matter how healthy or fit you are, you cannot stop your body from aging. While these changes are normal, getting used to them is not always easy. If you’ve experience unwanted changes to your feminine form: sagging breasts, slackened skin, stretch marks or stubborn pregnancy fat you now have options close to home. Come visit us and explore ‘You at Your Best’.
While liposuction is not a replacement for a healthy lifestyle, it can make you look and feel better. Liposuction, also known as “suction lipoplasty,” is designed to contour and remove unwanted fat from a variety of areas including: the abdomen, waist, legs, arms, chin, and neck.
Dr. Hegge will work with you to decide the best treatment to safely achieve your goals and assess your concerns and suitability for liposuction. In patients who have lost the elasticity of their skin, liposuction may actually cause more looseness requiring some form of a skin tightening procedure to achieve optimal results.
Liposuction can be performed alone or along with other plastic surgery procedures such as facelift, breast reduction or a tummy tuck. Ideal candidates for the liposuction are patients who have lost all the weight that they want to lose and just have focal problem areas that won’t resolve. Beyond your weight, it is critical to have the right goals – contouring and reshaping rather than seeing a smaller number on the scale. For more information, visit the ASPS website
or call today for a consultation.
Childbearing can be one of the most memorable and beautiful experiences in a woman’s life. However, despite an active lifestyle and regular exercise, many women’s bodies face a variety of challenges, especially after childbirth. Pregnancy can take a toll on the body and affect breasts, tummies, legs and more.
A “Mommy Makeover” is a term to describe a combination of procedures that are often combined to meet the aesthetic goals of mothers post pregnancy. Dr. Hegge will listen to your concerns and assess your anatomy to determine the most appropriate techniques to achieve the best results. At Plastic Surgery Specialty Clinic, the Mommy Makeover includes Tummy Tuck, Liposuction and Breast Enhancements.
All though the Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures, it is also possible to complete the procedures in stages at different times.
The Tummy tuck
tightens the abdominal wall muscles that have been stretched to accommodate your growing baby during pregnancy. A Tummy tuck is also the only way to get rid of excess skin or stretch marks that you may have in the abdominal area as a result of your skin expanding during pregnancy.
To fully rejuvenate a woman's body post pregnancy, a breast enhancement procedure is often a necessary part of the Mommy Makeover as well. The breast enhancement could be a breast lift
, breast augmentation
with implants or both procedures to restore the volume and shape of your breasts that breastfeeding and pregnancy have changed.
may be used solely or in combination with the above procedures to give Mom her desired look and contour.
Create ‘You at Your Best’ and improve your self-image with our Mommy Makeover.
Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, removes excess fat and skin and, in most cases, restores weakened or separated muscles creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer. Candidates for this procedure include men and women who want to tighten their abdominal skin and improve body contour.
Patients who are in good physical shape and simply have loose skin and localized problem areas can see dramatic changes in their appearance that exercise cannot improve. A tummy tuck is not a substitute for weight loss. Patients with a stable higher body weight that want excessive abdominal skin removed and want some improvement in their abdominal contour can also benefit from this procedure, as long as they understand the operation is not a weight loss procedure. For more information, visit the ASPS website
or call today for a consultation.
After Major Weight Loss
Major weight loss can cause excess sagging fat and skin. Body contouring following major weight loss improves the shape and underlying support tissue. Body contouring procedures may include:
- Brachioplasty (arm lift) – This procedure removes fatty tissue and tightens the skin of the upper arm. For more information, visit the ASPS website or call today for a consultation.
- Breast Lift – This procedure improves appearance of sagging, flattened breasts. For more information, visit the ASPS website or call today for a consultation.
- Facelift – This procedure improves appearance of sagging of the mid-face, jowls and neck. For more information, visit the ASPS website or call today for a consultation.
- Tummy tuck – This procedure treats the front of the abdomen and can restore separated abdominal muscles to their original anatomy and tighten the loose abdominal skin. For more information, visit the ASPS website or call today for a consultation.
- Lower Body lifts – This procedure combines a tummy tuck, lateral thigh lift and buttock lift all into one procedure. For more information, visit the ASPS website or call today for a consultation.
- Medial Thigh lifts – This procedure removes excess fatty tissue and tightens the skin of the inner, outer and mid thigh. For more information, visit the ASPS website or call today for a consultation.